CODE OF CONDUCT
DFW SMA SHRM Chapter #3003
This Code of Conduct for the Dallas/Forth Worth SMA has been adopted to promote and maintain the highest standards of professional and personal conduct among its members. By joining this Chapter, a member indicates his/her support for upholding this Code and the understanding of his/her individual responsibility to act in accordance with the following items, thereby assuring that all Chapter activities support the development, networking, and educational intents of this professional organization. As a member of the Dallas/Forth Worth SMA, I pledge to:
- Maintain the highest standards of professional and personal conduct.
- Strive for personal growth in the field of human resource management.
- Support SHRM's goals and objectives for developing the human resource management profession.
- Instill in the public and other Dallas/Forth Worth SMA members a sense of confidence about my conduct and intentions.
- Uphold all laws and regulations relating to my activities.
- Refrain from using my official positions, either regular or volunteer, to secure special privilege, gain or benefit for myself.
- Maintain the confidentiality of privileged information.
- Recognize that the Dallas/Forth Worth SMA meetings, events, and/or any other Dallas/Forth Worth SMA activities are times for networking and development, not times for sales contacts or self-promotion.